Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ode to Nostalgia

I got off work early tonight.
Went home (well, to Meg's) and ordered a Papa John's pizza. Pepperoni of course.
I settle down with my Harry Potter book, break out my laptop to give facebook a quick glance, and am overcome by the urge to pick up the phone and dial a number I haven't dialed in months.
Not that I can't call it, like it would be inappropriate or awkward. But because the number I want to dial won't work, as the person it belongs to is in Canada.
Oh Canada. The summers I have cursed you...

I want to call my friend and apologize.
I want to call my friend so he knows how much I do and always will care.
I want to call my friend and talk about music and life.
I want to call my friend because I miss laughing so hard my stomach hurt, smiling until I thought my cheeks would break, and having those rare deep conversations where I know the things he says have never touched another's ear.

And maybe I'm nostalgic.
But really... I think I just miss a person who has been actively involved in my life for almost eight years now.

Really, I think I just miss one of my best friends.

No comments: