Thursday, February 11, 2010

Being a BIG kid

I think I've grown up.

I think I've grown up enough to know what is good for me, to know wrong from right, to always eat my vegetables.
I think I'm grown up enough to know that sometimes people lie, people make mistakes, people will hurt you.
I think I've grown up enough to know that people learn, that people grow, but some people don't.
I think I've grown up enough to know that people will surprise you, people are incredible, but you have to deal with the bad stuff too.
I think I've grown up enough to know that the world is beautiful, even if you're not wearing those rose-colored glasses people always go on about.
I think I've grown up enough to know that I'm not ready to be a grown up, but I'm ready to start that process.

I wish my mom had told me that there's more to growing up than eating your vegetables and learning to tie your shoes.

But I can understand why she didn't.

No comments: